At Home, Self-Paced Video Learning Projects:
Each of these projects exposes participants to videos from well known and respected open-source materials on the internet (ie: TedX, Street Leverage, RIT, Gallaudet University, etc) on topics in Deaf culture, interpreting skills, and specialty topics to earn CEUs. RID CEUs are overseen & administered by RID Sponsor: Ginevra Deianni.
What is it?: Participants watch videos from iCEU Central's library collection (link provided to videos), take notes, and write reflection essays on what they have learned. (For Music Interpreting Practice: Participants examine their own interpretations and assess grammar & classifier use.) No book purchases required - all videos are free, on-line. There is no specific time you must log in. You work at your own pace independently. (Any participant can return their reflections in video format using ASL instead of the written English documentation.)
Chose from the following options in the drop-down menu:
- Black ASL
- Computer Technology Basics
- Cultural Diversity Studies
- Deaf Culture
- Disability Studies
- Educational Interpreting
- Gender, Power & Privilege
- Interpreting Profession Topics
- Legal Interpreting/Terminology
- LGBTQIA & Heteronormativity
- Medical Interpreting
- Mental Health Interpreting
- Music Interpreting
- Professional Ethics
- Race & Privilege
- Social Justice & Oppression
Each projects earns 0.5 RID Professional Studies CEUs upon completion Cost Each: $65.
* Each of the above project topics can be done more than once. There are enough videos in iCEU Central's video library to do several of each category. By choosing different videos for each project iteration, your CEUs will be posted to your RID transcript as separate projects.
Email us anytime to ask for curriculum specifics on any project, or sample questions/materials. We want you to feel comfortable with what you are registering for.